Wednesday 4 January 2012

Camomile Avocado Face Treatment

I wasn't gonna post anything tonight because I have something reaaally special coming up tomorrow (hopefully), but then the following happened:
1. I think I have the flu but I really can't afford to be sick.
2. I'm sooo tired but I need to stay up to do some of the work from point 1.
3. I had what is commonly referred to as a horrid day.
4. The weather outside is frightful. But I don't have no fire to be delight-ful. 

So I decided to take an hour out and give myself a little home-made beauty treatment. All made out of delicious food things I had knocking about in the kitchen. So here it is. You could eat this (I'm not saying you SHOULD, but you COULD), and it made my skin so soft and happy I don't even care about any of the things in points 1 to 4.


You need:
1 pot of water with 4 camomille tea bags
1 tablespoon boiling hot water
1 avocado pear
1 cup of yoghurt or cream
1 tablespoon honey
optional, two slices of old cucumber


Wash your face well, getting rid of all the makeup/dirt/oil.
Bring the water to boil and leave the camomille tea bags in there for about 10 minutes, until the water has cooled off a little. Put a towel over your head and breathe over the hot pot of steaming camomile tea for 10 minutes. 
This will make you feel AMAZING. It will open your pores and let all the gunk out, mousturise your skin and also massively relax you (it's camomile tea after all!). You could do this alone and feel better about life already! Also, it's really wonderful for your sinuses if you have a cold. 


Then cut the avocado pear into tiny cubes, put them in a bowl and mash them up really well. Add the hot water to make a puree, then add the honey and the yoghurt to make a mask. This mask is wonderful, it's moisturising but won't clog your pores or give you problems with blemishes or anything like that. Just slap it on your face (stay away from the eyes!) still all warm and flustered from the camomile tea and wait for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse it all off. On your eyes, you can put two cucumber slices for the full SPA effect, or just two of the camomile tea bags (cooled off under a bit of chilly water!). Or if, like me, you have to keep an eye on some bouncy little people, leave the eyes uncovered and open for the Green Monster Effect.




This is magic. I love it. It makes your face look and feel wonderful, refreshed, rejuvenated and thoroughly cleansed. It makes YOU feel like a better person already, and up to any challenges you might face. 


Do you guys like these mask recipe things? Would you like to see more? 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! Let me know if you tried it and it worked, or if you tried it and it didn't work, if you have a different version...
I can't wait to read your comments!