Monday 26 December 2011

Hot Chocolate mini series: cinnamon hot chocolate and spicy hot chocolate


I rarely have hot chocolate at breakfast. But on my birthday and on other rare occasions, I like to have some bread and butter pudding with a cup of this stuff. It makes me happy just to think about it! And it’s so easy to make even my old daddy can make this.

Ingredients (for 2):
2 cups of milk
½ cup milk chocolate
½ cup dark chocolate
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cinnamon stick

Put the milk in a heavy saucepan with the cinnamon stick and let it boil for a couple of minute. Leave it in for about 5 minutes. Take the cinnamon stick out, add the chocolate and put the pan back on the heat until it melts, stirring continuously. Add the cinnamon and pour the whole thing into the mugs.

Cover it up with whipped cream, if you like it, and sprinkle with dark cocoa powder.
This is festive and delicious. It also goes very well at tea time, garnished with marshmallows and with meringues and whipped cream or, even better, mascarpone cream. Or, around Christmas, with my little panettone treats

Something else you can do is turn this into a spicy chocolate by adding 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon of ground ginger to a 4 up batch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! Let me know if you tried it and it worked, or if you tried it and it didn't work, if you have a different version...
I can't wait to read your comments!